Open Air Range near Bartlesville?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PteBurdenR

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello there all,

Well, many moons ago I came on here asking about Federal regulations and inquiring whether me, as an immigrant, was allowed to own a rifle. Well now I have my Lee-Enfield SMLE No.1 Mk.III*, 50 rounds of Greek .303 and now I need a place to shoot. I dislike indoor ranges, not a natural environment for a rifle. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone knew of any outdoor ranges in the Bartlesville area. (Bartlesville, North Tulsa, Nowata etc, willing to travel :) )

Thanks!

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello there all,

Well, many moons ago I came on here asking about Federal regulations and inquiring whether me, as an immigrant, was allowed to own a rifle. Well now I have my Lee-Enfield SMLE No.1 Mk.III*, 50 rounds of Greek .303 and now I need a place to shoot. I dislike indoor ranges, not a natural environment for a rifle. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone knew of any outdoor ranges in the Bartlesville area. (Bartlesville, North Tulsa, Nowata etc, willing to travel :) )

Thanks!

There is a public range at the Indenpendence Ks. airport (about 40 miles north of Bartelsville). If your interested let me know I'll try to explain how to get to it.

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's on the east side of the airport. From 75 hwy turn east on the road to the airport. once on the east side of Cessena, turn south. Turn back west on the southern most road into the airport grounds. the range is south of the road. There is a high and low house for the skeet range. the rifle range is to the west. It's nothing special, but there is a shooting table. Look for the big dirt burm and your there.

Koolhandlinc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this open to the public? No fee required?

I have a friend who's son I promised to take shooting once he gets his high school diploma. I live in Ark city, ks now but still maintain my membership to Red Castle. They live in Parsons Ks. That range would save me a long drive!

J3ST3R-M4A3

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only open air range that I am aware of in the Bartlesville area is the Sportsmans Club. I do not care for the place at all. Last time I checked which was many years ago they required a annual membership and you were not allowed to bring friends.

I wish Nowata Firearms would build an outdoor range right next to their building.

PteBurdenR

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where is this 'Sportsmans Club'? Distasteful as they may be, its worth checking out (an annual fee mightn be so bad depending on location, and I have no friends to bring, just me and the wife :) )

climbtothebeet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
at the independance range, be shure to bring somthing to put your targets on. sometimes there is somthing, but usually not. oh, and you usually wait for a while. i once waited for an hour for a redneck to sight in his new rifle in SUPER heavy wind. al i wanted to do was try out a new pistol.

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this open to the public? No fee required?

I have a friend who's son I promised to take shooting once he gets his high school diploma. I live in Ark city, ks now but still maintain my membership to Red Castle. They live in Parsons Ks. That range would save me a long drive!

Hey Linc, Yes it's just a bench and a burm of dirt 100 yards away. Drive your truck right up to it, and shoot as long as you want, no range officer etc.

climbtothebeet:

Good point there isn't any stands or yardage markers. Like i said it's a "BASIC" range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom