Shot a new Para AR and Sig 556 yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped by H&H yesterday and they had the manufacures event going on. I shot the new Para AR, which is the old ZM patent and the Sig 556, not the newest offering. Here is my impressions.

Para: Recoil was a little different feeling from a standard DI AR due to the recoil springs being in the hg area instead of a buffer tube. The spring set up allows the rear stock to be folded sidway and adjusted for length. I did not care for the stock as it was very narrow. Trigger was about standard for an AR heavy and gritty, but that could be replaced or worked over by Bill Springfield. Overall not a bad feeling rifle but I am not selling my Colt 6921 for this.

Sig 556: The model I shot was the older one with the raild plastic handguards and the m4 style stock. I found in this configuration that the 556 ballanced forward, but not too bad. The trigger is mushy/springy feeling but can be adjusted from what I have read, for those that have shot Sig or other European designed rifles you know what I mean. Accuracy was not bad considering it had one of the cheap red dot holo sights in top. I found myself liking the Sig and would like to shoot one their new Classic configurations. The classic has the side folding stock that is adjustable for length and a different regular hgs without all the accessory rails. The Classic also has a shrouded front sight hood where the one I shot yesterday had the post only. I could see myself warming up to this rifle until I saw what replacement parts go for. 300+ bucks for trigger groups, etc. Not much for replacing parts if needed. At least with the AR there is enough parts around you can fix it pretty easy (especially if you have a box full of spares like everyone should).

I was disappointed to not see Ruger at the event because I really would like to have tried their new SSR 556 out and the LCR. Oh well, I guess those will have to wait.

Did anyone else shoot these rifles at the event, and if so what were your impressions.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot one of the $3,800 Wilson Combat .45's. It was a really nice gun and INCREDIBLY accurate....but not $3,800 worth in my opinion.

I also shot the Para AR. The recoil was a little off, but it was just because it is not what im used to with an AR. I thought the folding stock was a little on the heavy side. I probably would not buy one...especially for what they are asking for them.

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot the Sig also. I really like the new Rugers, I have seen them at a couple of gun shows. I liked the Sig but not over my regular ol AR. I will be buying a SA 1911 someday? I loved shooting that gun? I liked the Wilson Combat but like you said $$$$$$$. I was shooting the target consistently at the back of the range with the Wilson but I will go with the Springfield when I find $1500.00.

Latest posts

Top Bottom