Montana style gun law in the works for Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I couldn't find where this had been posted already..

Read in the Daily that David Derby- Owasso is floating a bill similar to the one in Montana -- guns made in OK and used in OK are not subject to federal gun laws. I was pretty impressed. The article made reference to this idea being used in other areas as well, like energy. It also made mention of an effort in Arizona to opt-out of any health-care plan passed by Obama. I don't know how much any of it will help, but at least the effort is being made.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the best thing about these types of laws being passed is that they are hopefully sending a message to Washington that the states are getting fed up with their BS. I personally am ready to return to more state's rights as the Federal government has, obviously, WAY overstepped their bounds. I don't know how this will ultimately end up. Will these law stand? Will it go to SCOTUS?

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the best thing about these types of laws being passed is that they are hopefully sending a message to Washington that the states are getting fed up with their BS. I personally am ready to return to more state's rights as the Federal government has, obviously, WAY overstepped their bounds. I don't know how this will ultimately end up. Will these law stand? Will it go to SCOTUS?

I think these bills are more a message than anything. They quoted a few law professors and their opinion is that they were silly. But, I'm still glad they are being worked on, regardless of whether they'll stand the Supreme. The States pushing back is far overdue in my opinion.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't really care if they go to the Supreme court and lose, the states have rights and it is the will of the people that should decide if they want the federal government in their business. I think the clearest message after this would be to go to each federal office and kick out all those that occupy them.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hmm, things could get interesting, I can't wait.

http://republicbroadcasting.org/?p=2540

It seems that the governor of Tenessee doesn't care about the rights of the people, he believes that the writers of the bill don't have a leg to stand on so he let it pass without his signature so that the federal government will put an end to it quickly once and for all.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What if OK were to issue a "State Firearms License" with similar criteria to an FFL? That would be one way to avoid such an argument from the ATF since a SFL would be subject to state firearm laws.

Or, would the existence of federal firearm laws override any state laws?

Latest posts

Top Bottom