how long does 100 rounds last you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
how long does 100 rounds last you?

100 rounds of .45 in my Gold Cup 1911 lasts about 20 minutes of shooting... if I really slow myself down and only load 4 rounds in magazines in between full mags. gets flat expensive supporting a 1911!

for my CCW 337PD... have shot less than 100 rounds total. just enough to get comfortable. carrying +P did shoot 14 rounds of that.

a tin of 500 air gun pellets will usually last about a week. but lately I've been slowing down.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since we have divided up the work load on the family ranch, I only go out there once a week. So 30rds a week (2 Beretta M9/92 15rd mags), I end up with 120rds a month.

Now 22lr is a diffent story. I usually take a box of 50 with me each week.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
just scored 1,000 230 gr bullets... so gotta get busy reloading.

I hear it's not unusual for compititive shooters will go thru 25k+ rounds per year.

That sounds like a lot, but it's only 2k per month. I use to throw 3-400 down range every time I went out, and if you were competitive I could see practicing multiple times a week. Easy.

I can see shooting 12k-15k a year even without being a "competitor."

My wife thinks I'm nuts when I say something like "I hope these bullets (1750 .223 bullets) last the rest of the year."

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sounds like a lot, but it's only 2k per month. I use to throw 3-400 down range every time I went out, and if you were competitive I could see practicing multiple times a week. Easy.

I can see shooting 12k-15k a year even without being a "competitor."

My wife thinks I'm nuts when I say something like "I hope these bullets (1750 .223 bullets) last the rest of the year."

I have heard that some of the "Pro's" would get ready for a match with somewhere around 5000 rounds a day. not sure if that is possible now with the state if ammo but a few years ago i'm sure that was not a problem

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends.

Preloaded Glock 19 mags. That comes out to just over 6 mags. Fast shooting, couple of minutes. Slow shooting, several minutes. Shooting and bullshitting with friends, an hour.

BetaC mag, FA Colt AR? approx 10 seconds for a full mag dump

32 round preloaded mags for the Uzi? FA? Pushing it? about 1 minute. Taking my time and double tapping? couple of minutes.

don't get to shoot as much as I want, that is for sure.

Dave

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to agre with Ratski, when I am shooting m FA Uzi it doesn't take long at all, but if it is my hunting "06 that is probably 5+ years worth.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not long enough. I used to shoot 300-400 rounds when I went to the range but not any more. Now I try and make each shoot count, very little rapid fire and double taps. I am also shooting a lot more .22's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom