Can you conceal an unloaded gun?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got to talking to some guys at work and someone asked me if they could legally conceal carry an unloaded gun on their person without a license. If they got caught for some reason or another would you get into trouble? Just purely hypothetical. I told them I wasn't sure but I know someone on here would! What do you think/know?

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why on earth would you're coworker want to carry an unloaded gun on his person? Sounds like a good way to make a bad situation worse.

The whole concept of carrying a concealed firearm is to STOP an attacker from causing harm/death to you or your immediate family, not to try and scare the bad guy and hope he makes an immediate life change.

If he is wanting to carry to show his buddies what a cool gun he has, he'd be better off (and more legal) carrying a good picture of his piece.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why on earth would you're coworker want to carry an unloaded gun on your person? Sounds like a good way to make a bad situation worse.

The whole concept of carrying a concealed firearm is to STOP an attacker from causing harm/death to you or your immediate family, not to try and scare the bad guy and hope he makes an immediate life change.

If he is wanting to carry to show his buddies what a cool gun he has, he'd be better off (and more legal) carrying a good picture of his piece.

I agree.

There were some guys at work that were talking about getting their license and was wondering how it felt (physically) to carry and what kind of holsters does everyone prefer to use. Then one of them came up with the "what if" I carried unloaded just to see what if was like theory! So that was just a topic of conversation. This was just hypothetical.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No to an unloaded concealed gun. Yes to a blue plastic or any other color non-gun. Without a license you may carry an unloaded firearm in your vehicle but it must be in plain view or in a case in plain view, or in an exterior locked compartment.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I would recommend carrying around the house as soon as you have a holster and gun before you get the license, so you are a little more used to it. It does take some time to get used to.

For guys with a wallet in their back pocket, if you moved it to the other side, that's kind of what it will be like, not painful or anything, just very noticeable to you. And that's your biggest enemy when concealing, is acting funny, or continually pulling your shirt etc.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would recommend carrying around the house as soon as you have a holster and gun before you get the license, so you are a little more used to it. It does take some time to get used to.

Excellent suggestion.

If your coworkers were to get caught in public with a concealed weapon, unloaded or not, they will certainly not ever again have to worry about getting a CCW. :nolike:

Latest posts

Top Bottom