Browning lever action .308?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always hunted with bolt actions but am in the mood to try something different, and am thinking about a Browning BLR. Anyone have any feedback on these guns?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Belgian BLRs were great. I've got one from 1972 in .243.
I don't have any experience with the Japanese BLR, but the A-Bolt
is still a great rifle. BLR prolly is too.

Slack One

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My uncle-in-law has one in .270. It's a well made gun, but it balances oddly for me, especially compared to other lever guns. The barrel is very light, with no mag tube under it to draw the barrel down. Wasn't my cup of tea, I suppose but he and his son enjoy hunting with it and have had some success.

Osage48

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe the BLR lock up like a bolt rifle. I have looked at Browning's take down BLR, looks like a really nice rifle.

2tothechest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad has hunted with one since before I was born, and I hunted with it some when he wanted me to have a scope. Great rifle in my opinion. My brother bought a new one like it a several years ago, and I bought a BAR about ten years ago. I guess Dad's old Browning made a pretty good impression on us.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've owned a couple over the years. Both the Belgium made one and the Japanese made one. They are fine rifles - actually just a lever actuated bolt rifle. The balance just never fit me well enough to keep one. Both the old Savage 99 and the Marlins feel much better to me. Most bolts feel much better to me.

fishn&huntn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a friends in 308 I am planning to shoot soon. He wants to trade .It is handy and rock steady offhand but I already have a winchester 88 in 308 .Ill let ya know how it shoots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom