Adjusting the X-Mark Pro Trigger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okie Dokie, I just picked up my Rem 700 SPS Tactical, and it has the X-mark trigger that is a little heavier than I would prefer. Has anyone had any experience adjusting an X-mark trigger? Thanks in advance.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember right the weight is easy to adjust, but the other two adjustments are a PITA. The one I bought has some nail polish like substance holding the other two adjustments still. You can adjust them but you have to break that stuff loose first.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you break it loose you also void your warranty just FYI. If you ever send it back to Remington they will replace the entire trigger assembly and bill you for it. That's what I've always heard anyway.

I'd pull it off and put a Rifle Basix trigger on it.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you break it loose you also void your warranty just FYI. If you ever send it back to Remington they will replace the entire trigger assembly and bill you for it. That's what I've always heard anyway.

I'd pull it off and put a Rifle Basix trigger on it.

+1 to this or a Timney (I just picked up my second Timney off of the hide).

I've read some instructions online for adjusting and putting some fingernail polish back onto the screws to cover up the "warranty-glue", but I've also read that Remington is now trigger-testing now for weight and will replace triggers even if you have the fake warranty-glue on there.

The problem is that if the trigger is adjusted to some magical point at or below 3lbs, it can fail catastrophically. There doesn't seem to be much info as to why this happens. Often it will work with no problems for even 1-3 months and then get worse and worse and eventually it won't even reset.

Yours is probably set to around 4lbs from the factory (mine was just over). Learn to shoot with it and then upgrade to a Rifle Basix (which is basically an older Remington trigger) or a Timney with the safety/bolt-release.

I've also heard stories that the newer triggers are shipping with the adjustment screws epoxied or thread-locked into place and that folks trying to adjust them end up stripping the screws.

shortgrass

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The X-Pro trigger is a piece of junk! +2 to the Timney or the Shilen triggers. Both are ment to be adjusted. I know a guy who has the Shilen triggers for $92.50, but, they do require a little work for installation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom