What do you throw down by feeders to kill grass ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Within 3 weeks of filling my feeders up there is enough activity around my feeder that the grass isn't an issue, by the end of winter its dirt. In the spring when it rains a little corn comes up.

orangpowr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't use Round Up very bad chemical! Can kill the critters...Salt will work, but let nature take care of it, all the critters coming to eat the corn will keep the ground bare.

BIGJAKE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have to put something down I would say salt but like others mentioned before me I would just let nature run its course and the animals will take care of the so called grass problem for you.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Roundup a "bad" chemical? Kill Critters? Maybe if they drink it. Farmers use Roundup on the majority of soybean and corn fields across this country. Havent heard any of the midwest hunters complaining about killing trophies out of roundup sprayed crops. Roundup is used widely to manage wildlife habitat, mainly by killing fescue and promoting annuals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom