Anyone on Psychiatric meds get their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am considering applying for a CCW license. I have been taking psychiatric meds long term and am stable.

According to the application booklet, if your doc will sign a notarized statement that he/she has known you for 10 years and that you have been stable during that time that they will issue the license to you.

My doc has said that he will do this for me no prob, as he feels that I meet the criteria.

Has anyone else ran into any problems after submitting with this issue?

I have no background that would keep me from getting the license other than this issue.

Would hate to spend money trying if they are going to use this as an excuse to deny me.

Thanks!

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have any issues passing a NICS? If that is what the regulations say, I would think you would be fine. Good luck to you, and let us know how it turns out.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If anyone asks you about your use of psychiatric or psychotropic medications your best bet is to lie. Millions of Americans use them, and they'er little more than placebos anyway.
Or so I've been told.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, you should never lie. Lieing is bad and could wind you up in prison. Jeez man.

It's like you'er talking to Mr. Hand.
Edit: Just for the record, I'm not on psychotropic medicines and never have been.
I'm just a concerned citizen of these states who worries about the CONSTITUTION.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a concerned citizen, psych meds can be prescribed for stress, sleep issues, inability to focus, low energy levels, just about anything you can think of...so psych meds dont mean there is anything wring mentally, but a chemical/hormonal imbalance

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
General Usage Rules

We neither condone, endorse, nor tolerate any illegal activity of any kind, including but not limited to discussions of any illegal activity or blatent unpatriotic behavior. We strive to be 100% within the law and when in doubt, reserve the right to err on the side of safety.

I hope that answers your questions and some of the advice on this thread.

Do what is right and legal

Latest posts

Top Bottom