Home Defense Shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shady

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Part 1

I currently have two Remington 1100 shotguns and want to modify the older one for HD use. The "older" one has wood furniture that the previous owner took his cattle brand and burned his ranch name into the stock which clearly make the choice of the two a lot easier. I am looking for a gunsmith to cut the barrel and do some work on the rings, clean it up, etc. Any suggestions?

Part 2

Trying to find furniture for it is starting to become exhausting. There are a lot of sites that say it will fit Rem 1100/1187/870 in the description but when you pull up the specs the 1100/1187 is not listed. If anyone has already made modifications and would like to share the information of what shop or which website they used the info would be greatly appreciated. I would like to stay local if possible. We have pretty good shops around and would really like to keep my dollars closer to home if possible.

Thanks again:thanku::thanku::thanku:

BIGJAKE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It might make a few people shutter her but go to Outdoor america on MacArthur and 16th street NW. The smith there can work on and repair any issues with your gun and the last time I was there they had mag extensions and poly stocks for the 1100 there.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cut off the barrel of an old 12 gauge pump when I was about 18 years old, and just used a hacksaw and some emory cloth and it turned out perfect.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can certainly DIY; if you wanted, I have a 90* facing cutter for the 12g that might fit after a cut-down. Make the cut, mic the bore, check the cutter's bushing size, and slug it in a hand drill. Add a touch of 44/40 blue.

Obviously, stay at the 18.25" mark, and expect things to open up in your pattern (though I have seen some older guns more than hold their own with low-recoil/control-wad rounds).

If you're looking at Choate stocks, if they list the 1100 as compatible, it is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom