Could Heartland Outdoors by the new range in Edmond?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomermet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw this place just north of Danforth and Kelly today, says it is to open Aug 22nd, but looks like nothings been done in awhile...Sign is up and Just says Heartland Outdoors...I wonder if this is the new range in Edmond?

BJS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's an article from the Edmond Sun from July 22nd. Sounds like that's the place.

Indoor gun range aims for council’s OK
James Coburn
The Edmond Sun

EDMOND - A proposed indoor gun and archery range won unanimous approval Tuesday evening by the Edmond Planning Commission. The range would open at the Shoppes at the Piazza shopping center, 1472 N. Kelly, if the Edmond City Council approves the general commercial limited use amendment on Aug. 10.

The gun and archery range will use about 8,500 square feet with 1,500 feet left for retail storage, City Planner Bob Schiermeyer said.

“We’re using a system that’s top of the line,” said Randel Shadid, representing developer Shawn Forth. “The United States Marines selected it for their range as did the National Park Service.”

The sound-proof facility would be the only climate controlled range in Oklahoma County, Shadid said. Oklahoma County’s only gun ranges are in Oklahoma City and Midwest City, Shadid said.

“Neither one of them are climate controlled. Our building will be climate controlled,” Shadid said.

Ammunition would be sold and customers would be able to rent a firearm to use in the facility only, he added. Classes to obtain a conceal and carry permit would be made available for customers.

“After four or five years on the Title 22 Committee - this is exactly why we created this category of limited use,” said committee member Ronnie Williams, also representing the Edmond Neighborhood Alliance. “I wanted to show up and say we did this for a reason. Hopefully, they will make use of it. Hopefully the business will succeed.”

boomermet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the planning commission has approved all that is left is the councils approval...Well, I hate to say this, but the council has went against the planning commissions recommendation numerous times. This could be a close vote if you ask me...Randal Shadid will do the best he can, but I have seen strange things happen in this council...Lots of do gooders here...

Talacker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What exactly is the definition of climate controlled? Last time I was at H&H, I froze my baguettes off as I was right under the A/C vent.

7ftsooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come one and come all. We are open to any good ideas. Like everyone knows there will a breaking in period. That is one good thing about us , we will listen to what you have to say and work from there. Give us your honest opinion and ideas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom