Starting a shooting range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landontc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been toying around with the idea of starting an outdoor shooting range. I have about 70 acres in the Highway 9 & Harrah Newalla Road area. It's somewhat near Tri City, but still probably 20+ miles away. This land has about one mile of frontage on Highway 9, so it would have high visibility to quite a lot of traffic. Yet, the land goes back deep enough off of the highway, that the range wouldn't be too close to the road.

Anyone know what all it takes to start a shooting range (outside of the obvious construction), I'm talking more about licenses, insurance, etc.

And would anyone be interested in a shooting range in that area?

landontc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think there'd be plenty of room to put in a 200 yard rifle range. I guess the main issue would be lining that entire area to keep the bullets in.

I would imagine there is a lot of overhead for equipment, but I wouldn't imagine it would be as excessive as a lot of other start up businesses. Especially since I own the land.

I was thinking at least a 25 yard range, then maybe a 50 yard range and then the long 200 yard range. At least to start out with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom