Value of Caspian 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Build quality is critical. If it was carefully fitted with good internals and everything is in spec, it will be worth quite a bit. If not, then it's worth less. So long as the main components aren't trashed in any way, Caspian makes top quality parts and it would have a decent value on that basis alone.

Just keep in mind that most folks wanting a custom Caspian would want a beavertail, extended thumb safety and upgraded sights over the King/Tappan's on it currently. Having that work done would cost quite a bit extra, so be mindful of that when considering a sale price.

This type of gun is one of the most difficult to place a value on. In the end, it's dependent on how much you think it's worth and whether that coincides with what the buyer thinks. Good luck and welcome to the forum! :)

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It appears that somebody took alot of time and fitted it very well, Obviously with out seeing it in person it's hard to say exactly but, it appears to be a quality job. I would guess, you should be able to get somewhere between $500 and $1,000 dollars. Remeber a new Colt can be bought for around $700-$900 and up, A new Springer for $600-and up. Caspian only builds parts and it seems that a frame and slide go for around $600-$700. As somebody mentioned since it has a Kart barrel which is probably $200. Somebody probably spent $1000-$1500 to build a pistol that you probably won't get that much for. I would suggest checking out Gunbroker and seeing what comes up.

newbiecaspian

Marksman
Reaction score
Sold it for $650 which I thought was a fair wholesale price for the gun. On an off topic note, all of the people at Gun World are obnoxious arrogant bastards who wasted nearly an hour of my time to offer me less than half of what I sold it for.

Thanks for the info all(unless you work at Gun World)

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sold it for $650 which I thought was a fair wholesale price for the gun. On an off topic note, all of the people at Gun World are obnoxious arrogant bastards who wasted nearly an hour of my time to offer me less than half of what I sold it for.

Thanks for the info all(unless you work at Gun World)

Gun World....been in there twice. For the life of me I can't explain why I was in there a second time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom