Taurus 709 Slim trigger finger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pktrkt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just bought the 709 yesterday and after cleaning out the massive amount of junk went to check it out today. Fired around 75 rounds of WWB and a mag or so of Fed HST 147 and also 6 rounds of CCI shotshells. The only problem I had was on the second round of the CCI shotshells, first round was fine but had a FTF on the second. started over with 2 rounds in one mag and 3 in another and the CCI shotshells functioned and locked back the slide no problem. At 15 yards it was surprisingly accuracte, all rounds went into about a saucer sized group. I was shooting off-hand and didn't have time to set up good targets just a sheet of paper on a stake. The HST is what I'll carry in it for now but will have to fire another 100 to make sure it continues to function with them. Only problem other than the 1 ftf with shotshells was my trigger finger at the end of shooting was pretty tore up. I took this pic with my Blackberry and being as I'm right handed had to take it with my left hand and the pic looks distorted. Looking for a good holster now.
pktrkt
[Broken External Image]

pktrkt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a KT-PF9, among lotsa other CCW type pistols, and really like the trigger of the 'slim' as good or better than all of them. My fingers were already pretty dry and 53 yr old dry fingers get beat up pretty bad at the end of the shooting day. Trigger slack is long and takes some getting used to but after the first few shots you really get to liking it, or I did anyway. Not exactly sure of the pull weight but I would say less than 6. As soon as I can find a Stainless model I'll probably give the blued one to the wife. She loves to shoot and at the CC classes she out shot most of the men at the 7 yard line:sweat: Gonna try to get out later in the week and do some accuracy shooting with 4 or 5 different loads at 15 yards. But yea I like the trigger.
pktrkt

pktrkt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope these pics turn out. The PF9 is shorter in height and length but the trigger is much better on the 'slim' 709. For some reason the 709 fits better in my pocket, i'm 6' and weigh about 265 and wear loose docker style pants most of the time so concealing either one isn't a problem but the slim just kinda lays flat whereas the PF9 kinda lays out revealing a poke out place. Wife says is that your gun or are you just glad to see me:thumbup3: anyway here's some pics of 709 with a PF9 and a S&W mod 60 and also a Glock 30 .45for good measure.
ai253.photobucket.com_albums_hh76_preecherr_100_6431.jpg

ai253.photobucket.com_albums_hh76_preecherr_100_6432.jpg

ai253.photobucket.com_albums_hh76_preecherr_100_6433.jpg

ai253.photobucket.com_albums_hh76_preecherr_100_6435.jpg

ai253.photobucket.com_albums_hh76_preecherr_100_6436.jpg

ai253.photobucket.com_albums_hh76_preecherr_100_6438.jpg

ai253.photobucket.com_albums_hh76_preecherr_100_6440.jpg

pktrkt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 709 is the 'Blued' model and price was 340.oo The PF9 was 300.oo with an extra mag thrown in. As far a weight wise they both feel about the same. I love my PF9 but the 709 is much easier to shoot, IMHO, and the 709 seems to be more accurate. I'm not knocking the PF9 as I'm carrying it right now, because its Hard Chrome, but as soon as I can get access to a 'Stainless' 709 I'll be carrying it probably everday. If anymore questions I'll try to answer them.
Thanks pktrkt

Latest posts

Top Bottom