Mosin-Nagant revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a mosin-nagant revolver. I'm trying to find someboddy in the OKC area that would let me handle and maybe shoot theirs. Anybody want to help a guy out with that? Thanks!

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Traded mine off, but they shoot good. Not much recoil, and plenty accurate.

They don't shoot cheap, though I suspect with popular ammo prices where they currently are, there won't be so much difference as before. If you wanted to shoot it a lot, reloading is a must.

You should try the double action trigger once, but don't blame me if you blow out a tendon. I estimate the pull to be over 20 pounds. Single action trigger was pretty nice on both of mine. These remain well under $100 by mail order, so don't let some opportunist hold you up. CB

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you drive down here, you can shoot mine. Yep 20+lbs DA, but the SA is sweet, mild report, very accurate. Its one of those guns everyone should have in their collection.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't MajMal suppress one?

This should suppress very well because of the gas seal feature.

For those who have not studied this design, when cocked (or just before DA firing) the cylinder moves forward, pushing the case mouth into the forcing cone and sealing any gases that might otherwise escape out the gap between cylinder and barrel. Bullets are recessed like wadcutters.

My theory is that they did this to keep fire out of the ears of cavalry mounts, but I have never confirmed that. CB

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This should suppress very well because of the gas seal feature.

For those who have not studied this design, when cocked (or just before DA firing) the cylinder moves forward, pushing the case mouth into the forcing cone and sealing any gases that might otherwise escape out the gap between cylinder and barrel. Bullets are recessed like wadcutters.

My theory is that they did this to keep fire out of the ears of cavalry mounts, but I have never confirmed that. CB

Actually the gas seal was just that. It was an attempt to stop the loss of gas at the cylinder gap. It doesn't work as well in real life as it looked on paper. The reason for the long hammer throw was to ensure primer ignition, which during that time in history centerfire primers were about as reliable as rimfire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom