Let's see some groups at the range!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice and tight! I'll try to do something decent, but I doubt it will be as tight as # 2. I think # 1 was really impressive too, being as it was another 200 yds.

GLOCKinator

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my FIRST time shooting at an offical range. (ie. somewhere other than my backyard or Lexington) This was during my CCW class with my Glock 19. 50 rounds at 15 yards

[Broken External Image]

ray76

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
25 yards with Glock 17. The 4 outside are my wife's, first time shooting a gun.

ai90.photobucket.com_albums_k270_razvan76_Guns_20Related_10_15_08_1747.jpg

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The first was a long time ago, excuse the photography.
This was a rented Para LDA 9mm, 10 yds, 50rds. Good accuracy, but jammed about 10+ times over those 50 rds.
[Broken External Image]

This was my Armscor 22 at 25yds. 5 rounds to each of the top targets.
ai157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Guns_Armscor_20Stock_Target.jpg

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll play.

50 yards, open sights, 62gr. .223 rem Silver Bear JHP with my AR-15. I switched my zero over to the 50 yard Santos battle zero tonight and was pleasantly surprised. The target on the right was shooting supported and trying to get zero (first two shots were high and right then I cranked it down & left for the third shot before tuning it more). The target on the left was 10 rounds rapid fire standing & unsupported at 50 yards after dialing it in (the kind of shooting I'd be doing in case of SHTF). Since it's cheap ammo I can attribute the fliers to the ammo, right? :rolleyes:

To verify the zero I put 20 rounds down range at a 12" steel target at 200 yards (POI/POA is the same at 50/200). I was banging steel every time. I'll put it on paper later this week, but for now, it'll do. I want to be an absolute stud with iron sights, but I got a loooong way to go...as cool as the mall-ninja rifles are, I'm sick of all the gimmicks & gadgets. I have no use for a carbine that weights 12 lbs. At some point I might free-float it and add a VFG, but that's where I'd like to draw the line.

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a320_mmchambers06_m4targets.jpg

Here's the rifle (KISS):

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a320_mmchambers06_carbine.jpg

Very happy with the performance of the CMMG 14.7" upper (pinned FH). Not quite half a case down it yet, but no malfunctions at all. It's a LMT defender poser, but the only LMT part in the gun is the BCG. 1-7" twist, chrome lined, M4 ramps, F-marked FSB...all the goodies.

The 25 yard zero that I was using makes absolutely no sense to me...I was just doing it because someone once told me to.

50 rds. GLOCK 19 during CCW class:

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a320_mmchambers06_g19target.jpg

My rapid firing made the group go to hell, but it was still the best one in the class (which probably isn't saying anything). :hithead: I need some training...

Anyways...having a nice rifle range to yourself on a summer evening is about the most relaxing thing I can imagine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom