kel-tec fluff and buff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might contact Kel Tech. Mine was one of the older ones and had a terrible trigger and issues with the feed ramp. They had me ship it to them. They lightened the trigger and polished my feed ramp for me at no cost. Don't know if they will still do this, but worth asking.

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I just used some flitz and a cotton cloth. Used my finger to polish in the direction the bullets feed. I never had any problems with my P3AT.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my opinion.....

The felt tip and compound is only slightly abrasive, it will make the ramp shiney, but not necessarily smooth. Use a round object like a pencil that closely matches the ramp curve and use 600 grit paper up to 1500 grit. It won't be shiney, but it will be really smooth.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my opinion.....

The felt tip and compound is only slightly abrasive, it will make the ramp shiney, but not necessarily smooth. Use a round object like a pencil that closely matches the ramp curve and use 600 grit paper up to 1500 grit. It won't be shiney, but it will be really smooth.

Agreed. You need to remove the tooling marks on the feed ramp, or else you're just making it shiny.

I use 400 then 600 followed with a felt tip dremel + mother's or flitz. Looks like chrome.

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i've done a few of these... also helps to look at the aluminum frame and see if theres any galling marks and look for whats causing them and file and buff that out as well (just little burrs that show up).

I usually re-crown the barrel at the same time