Complete Glock Upper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where could I find a complete Glock 26 upper? If I understand correctly, the G26/33/27 all use the same frame and just different uppers. I don't want a 9mm conversion barrel for reliability issues (I want the option to carry this for SD).

When I pocket carry the G33, I have to use the flush fit mags and I would rather have a 9mm to fire with a 3 finger grip. When I carry IWB, I want the G33 with the G32 mag and sleeve. I figured if I could find a G26 upper, I could just swap them out easily depending on how I was going to carry for the day.

I also think I remember someone saying I could put a G27 barrel (factory) in the the G33 slide and that would be the only thing needed to change to be able to shoot .40s&w since they use the same mags. Is that true?

Any suggestions?

AresV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you tried a 9mm conversion barrel? I've got a few of them for my .40 guns and I've had 0 failures - aside from the LW barrels having really tight chambers that don't like old cases that have been reloaded a bunch. With factory ammo, they've been 100%.

Also, you can drop in a G27 barrel and shoot .40 all day. There is no difference between .40 and .357 Sig cases other than the .357 Sig being necked down. The back half of the cases are identical and they use the same mags, extractor, ejector, etc.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glockmiester buys complete new Glocks and parts them out. If what you are looking for is not on their sight give them a call.

Just got off the phone with glockmiester and they said a complete upper is $350. So by the time I bought it and 2 G26 mags, I would be looking at $400. If I'm lucky, I might find a complete G26 and mags for $450.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with glockmiester and they said a complete upper is $350. So by the time I bought it and 2 G26 mags, I would be looking at $400. If I'm lucky, I might find a complete G26 and mags for $450.

That's what I was thinking. Sports World has the cool OD 26 as well. Or at least they did the last time I was in there.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you tried a 9mm conversion barrel? I've got a few of them for my .40 guns and I've had 0 failures - aside from the LW barrels having really tight chambers that don't like old cases that have been reloaded a bunch. With factory ammo, they've been 100%.

Also, you can drop in a G27 barrel and shoot .40 all day. There is no difference between .40 and .357 Sig cases other than the .357 Sig being necked down. The back half of the cases are identical and they use the same mags, extractor, ejector, etc.

Conversion barrels might work 99 times out of 100, but I would feel much safer with a factory complete G26 for SD situations. With conversion barrels, you also need to swap out other parts to make it work more reliable. I think the extractor is one of them. I don't want to disassemble my G33 every other day when my clothing needs change. The .357sig is just not something I like shooting with 3 fingers, so when I pocket carry with flush fit mag, I would like a G26. I'm looking at picking up a G27 barrel just for grins, but I think I'll stick to the G33 for most situations. Most days I carry now are with the G33 and G32 mag with sleeve. The short barrel keeps it from digging in or poking me, and the extra grip allows for a full grip.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't want to disassemble my G33 every other day when my clothing needs change.
Soulman-
Just switching the upper is not all that you need - you are still faced with the same problem you would have with doing the 9mm conversion - the ejector is not the same on the G27/G33 and G26. You would need to replace the whole mechanism that holds the ejector, if you're wanting 100% reliability - which requires the gun to be disassembled. The 9mm conversion barrels will run 95% of the time as-is. If you run a conversion barrel, a G26 mag, and replace the ejector and extractor, you're probably looking at 100% reliability

Latest posts

Top Bottom