Any and all Winchester WST data

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whatcha loading for? I been cross referencing and it looks like AA#2 data is pretty close. I only recently started using it and I only plan on using WST for lead bullet loads.

It takes some searching but over on the enos forum you can find numbers if you dig enough.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whatcha loading for? I been cross referencing and it looks like AA#2 data is pretty close. I only recently started using it and I only plan on using WST for lead bullet loads.

It takes some searching but over on the enos forum you can find numbers if you dig enough.

Brian-Enos? Been there a few times, but havent really drilled into the forums too deep.

Mainly, lead/alloy cast bullets in .40s&w (light loads cause of glock), 9mm and 45ACP.

When you say AA#2 is pretty close, is that across the board? Pressure, velocity, etc?

Thanks for responding.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Brian-Enos? Been there a few times, but havent really drilled into the forums too deep.

Mainly, lead/alloy cast bullets in .40s&w (light loads cause of glock), 9mm and 45ACP.

When you say AA#2 is pretty close, is that across the board? Pressure, velocity, etc?

Thanks for responding.

Yes the Brian Enos forum. I was actually looking at it today for WST data. What I saw was pretty much confirming what I was thinking on it. Back off of 231 data roughly 20% (ballpark as best as I can tell). I was seeing some .40 loads with this increment down from 231. They weren't stated as being 20% less, I had to do the math from the stated charges. I don't have a .40 but was looking for a baseline increment from some commonly used powder and the .40 is "similar" in pressure to the 9mm. But you can find 9mm data over there too.

I just use the AA#2 data as a starting point. In all the scenarios I've looked at it seems to be right where I see WST charge weights being used by people. Haven't actually started it in .45 yet but there is published Winchester data for .45ACP. You've gotta ad lib a bit for the other calibers.

I'm using 4.4 grains under a J&K 124RN in 9mm. It shoots great and cycles my M&P Pro and my kids Sig P6 flawlessly. Fairly soft load and a lot less smoke and soot than others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I using 4.4 grains under a J&K 124RN in 9mm. It shoots great and cycles my M&P Pro and my kids Sig P6 flawlessly. Fairly soft load and a lot less smoke and soot than others.

Right on. Ill check Brian's forums and do a little research. Basically using the same lead as you with 9mm.

Guess if I am going to do this right, Im gonna need to dust off my father chrono... ;)

Once again, thanks.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's one that seems to "wash" with what I've seen so far.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69725&hl=wst+data

I think I found some data on the CBA forum and castboolits too. When I break down and buy a chrono I'll be really busy. Got about a dozen idea's to check out. If you get some clocked over a chrono let me know what they do. Good luck.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chronographs are wonderful tools. I've sure put a lot of "I have a new hyper-velocity pistol load recipe that will push a .45acp to 1500fps" to rest. Makes all the difference in the world in determining real velocities for long range shooting calculations.:D

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think a chrono is going to be my next purchase. For the reason you state and to verify "homebrew" data like this. I got a recipe from GC and BB who I trust, but I still did a little digging and looking at burn rate charts. Turned out the load they gave is right in line with what others are using and shoots great. But I still want to run it over a chrono before I toy with it too much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom