Question about Rem 700 and Detachable Mags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sell gun! buy 700DM!
was going to suggest checking Brownells or somebody like that, till I saw they wanted $333.95 for the magazine and trigger guard assy. INSANE!!

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes you can replace the bottom metal. The factory Rem DM setup is hard to find and expensive. The H-S Precision is a good system and should drop in. All the others you will have to inlet your stock for them to fit.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's not what they go for. I just tried to sell one for $200 and couldn't get rid of it for a while.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, the HS precision is the one I saw for $333

Plus, being as its a decent-quality American made detachable box mag/bottom metal system for the Remington 700 - its very reasonably priced. These aren't made just to look cool.

Check out the Badger, Surgeon, or CDI if you're looking for something expensive.

Seekins makes a pretty good bottom metal system (that's also reasonably priced), but it takes mags that aren't compatible with the above 4 manufacturers (who all use Accuracy International AICS mags).

I read a post where they're making a new Seekins system that will work with the Badger/AICS mags - that's pretty cool, but that side AR-style mag release is pretty cool to me and I'm not picky when it comes to mag compatibility (I'd probably buy several extras to have around if I were to go with any system).

If you're looking for a cheap (read <$100) alternative in short-action - sorry, it doesn't exist - and the factory Remington versions of detachable mags all suck (this is especially true of short-action calibers like your .308).

Latest posts

Top Bottom