September USSA IDPA Match

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To All,

We had intended to cancel the USSA monthly IDPA match for September due to the IDPA National Championships (really International, as I heard from HQ today that we have 50 of the over 360 competitors registered are coming from 10 different countries). Instead, we've decided to hold a slightly modified match on the 12th. Instead of the usual shotgun squadding from 9-10 AM, we'll be starting at 8:00 AM. Instead of the usual six stages, we'll have an abbreviated match consisting of 4-5 simple stages. Instead of the ususal $10-15 match fee, the match entry will be FREE!

If you guessed that there's a catch, you'd be correct :)

The match will ONLY be open to shooters who are willing to assist in range/prop preparation and material pre-staging for the big match for a few hours after the shooting stops. So bring out your work gloves, paint rollers, screw guns, cordless saws and whatever else you may have to enjoy a little shooting, some socializing and a lot of good hard work. Feel free to leave any post shooting excuses as to why you can't stay at the house though!

Hope to see a few of you there, and thanks in advance for the assistance. It's our goal to show off not only our facility, but the excellent "Can Do!" volunteer base we have here in Tulsa to the rest of the world.

Sincerely,

Jerry Biggs
Assistant Match Director
2009 IDPA Championship

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never shot IDPA and have no membership with USSA or any other club etc. but I do have a Glock 17 and sure would like to give it a try. Would this be a good event to do as a first timer and also a good pistol choice?

Latest posts

Top Bottom