Is It Legal To Carry In Fort Cobb State Park?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mln1963

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going to FCSP this weekend to appease the family. Yes, I know, my judgement is in question just for going on Labor Day weekend.

I've search this subject and didn't find a firm answer. Old laws, new laws gong in state park buildings. I've become more confused instead of finding the clarification I was looking for.

So I turn to OSA and ask... Is it legal to carry at Fort Cobb State Park this weekend while camping?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only part that worries me at Fort Cobb is the WMA. The northwest half is WMA, the southeast is state park. Basically, if you use the ramp where the little community is about midway on the south shore of the lake, you're right at the dividing line if you drew a line due north.

mln1963

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't they carry guns to hunt out there on the WMA? I thought the law was reversed to allow carry in federally owned parks again? I guess I don't understand that.

Chances are we won't be going into the WMA since my In-Laws have a 5th wheel and we'll be tenting next to them. Should just be in the camping area and out on the lake in the pontoon. I guess if the pontoon broke down in the right place I might end up there. Chances are slim though.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't they carry guns to hunt out there on the WMA? I thought the law was reversed to allow carry in federally owned parks again? I guess I don't understand that.

Of course they carry guns openly to hunt, I was just never able to find anything one way or the other about concealed.

And yes, the law was reversed, but it doesn't go into effect until the CC bill it was attached to, which is in February.

When we went out to fish Memorial Day morning, I opted to not carry simply because I didn't want to end up on the wrong side of a fine Lake Patrol officer's (mis)interpretation. Until its pretty black and white on someplace like that, I'll probably opt to not. I don't have the time nor the money nor the desire to become case law.

Latest posts

Top Bottom