Anyone have Benelli Nova AND Remington 870?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had both the Synthetic 870 Magnum and the Super Nova. I prefer the Super Nova but think I still shoot better with the 870. I do think the 870 has a smoother action. I honestly think it comes down to six of one and a half dozen of the other. Sorry, I know that won't help much. I put them about even but hey, that's just my opinion.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i think the remingtons have a more generic fit.seems to work for most people.i use this little thing when i pick up a shotgun.with your eyes closed,quickly mount the gun to your shoulder.then open your eyes.the gun that is sight-lined the best is the gun for you.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have both, but since I used the 870 for much longer before the Nova came along I still drift towards the 870..smoother action more natural feel.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned/own both. Nova is nice and has alot of cool features, but the dang forearm rattle bugged the crap out of me. The 870 is a calssic workhorse. If I had to have one, it'd be the 870.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Adluginb had both, I believe, and sold the Benelli. If you decide to get rid of the 870, you will probably end up buying another one. If you do decide to get rid of it, PM me, I may be interested.

Latest posts

Top Bottom