My Hog Hunt experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duvivr6

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well Guys after reading a few posts here on the forums I started researching the topic and I found an Outfitter with a good deal and jumped on it!
This was my first ever hunting anything so i was just looking for a god time!

anyways the outfitter is called WILD GAME OUTFITTERS, it is down in porum oklahoma. Ther are some awesome guys and I had tons fun, and they include the food and room in their hunt price so it was a 3 day vacation for me :)

-Well first day of hunting I went out there sat on a blind until dark came, no hogs :( I did see some white tail and some elk.
-Second day morning me and my friend went out on a stalk hunt so we walked for hours in their property about 400acres to find some hogs and we spotted a few but damn they are fast and with my inexperience it was hard to hit target. We did see some rams and some more white tails. In the afternoon i was tired of walking so i sat on a blind and no hogs :( did see some white dears cant remember what they are called and some more whitetails
-third day in the morning we went out with the whole crew to stalk some hogs, we were 6 so we could cover a larger area and man we found them hogs!! I had a chance to shoot one but I didnt have a great shot and the hog turned my way so i though he was gonna run after me so I didnt shoot he ran away :blush:.

had lots of fun just sharing my experience will absolutely have o do it again sometime :thumb:

Later
Duvi

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great story for your first hunt. You made a good decision to not take the shot that wasn't good. You'll sleep better knowing you did that.:D The one thing you can take away from this is that you had a great experience without taking game. It all about the outdoors, and when you do take game its a bonus.:D:D

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great story for your first hunt. You made a good decision to not take the shot that wasn't good. You'll sleep better knowing you did that.:D The one thing you can take away from this is that you had a great experience without taking game. It all about the outdoors, and when you do take game its a bonus.:D:D

On most things I would agree with you Dennis but not on hogs. A good hog is a dead hog and I would have sent the mail. I guess that this hunt may have been hogs contained in a high fence area which would be completely different. Most of the people that I know with hogs on their places want them dead. They really tear up a pasture or alfalfa field.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On most things I would agree with you Dennis but not on hogs. A good hog is a dead hog and I would have sent the mail. I guess that this hunt may have been hogs contained in a high fence area which would be completely different. Most of the people that I know with hogs on their places want them dead. They really tear up a pasture or alfalfa field.

I don't disagree with you about a dead hog, and the problems they cause. I guess its just me, but even if its a skunk, it freaks me out to see it suffer after the shot. No problem buddy:D

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry I just noticed the thread. Congratulations! I might just try that outfitter. They are very close to where my dad lives. May be perfect. Hmm.... I want a BIIIG hog. :)

What did you carry on the hunt?

Latest posts

Top Bottom