2009 Wounded Warrior Project Charity Shoot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that the United States Shooting Academy in Tulsa will be holding a Wounded Warrior Project Charity Shoot, October 23-25, 2009.

It is the intent of this match that 100% of the tax deductible proceeds go directly to the Wounded Warrior Project. The match will consist of 10 stages shot on steel targets for approximately 150 rounds. Most of the stages will be shot with centerfire handguns, but S&W is supposedly on board to provide some M&P .22 LR rifles which may be used for a stage or two. Start positions will be from the low ready or pick up from a table, so you don't even have to have a holster. The current proposed match format will be the best of two runs on each stage for score, with an available Mulligan run for a small additional donation.

Please note that if you wish to enter, be a sponsor of the match, or just make an outright donation, checks should be made out directly to the Wounded Warrior Project. If you'd like to donate merchandise for prizes, raffle, or auction please PM me directly.

USSA will even have a few Glocks available to check out on a first come, first served basis if you don't have a handgun to shoot. I'd love to see a lot of OSA brothers & sisters at this match, so consider this a personal invitation from me. :)

Feel free to distribute this announcement to anyone who may be interested. PM me with your email address if you'd like a printable flyer and entry form. Thanks!

Details below:

2009 WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT CHARITY SHOOT

“THE GREATEST CASUALTY IS BEING FORGOTTEN”
Want to have a great time shooting and help American heroes at the same time? That’s the purpose of the 1st annual Wounded Warrior Project Charity Shoot. Come have fun knowing your match fee, raffle and auction profits will be donated to this great charity.
United States Shooting Academy is donating range time and supplies to maximize the donation. Certificates will be awarded to winning participants.
Match Stages: 10 steel stages
Round count: 150 rounds approximate
Scoring: Lewis
Squadding Open (Show up with the squad partner(s) of your choice and can shoot the match in multiple days or a single day as necessary to accommodate your schedule.)
Entry Fee: $75 per person
Checks made out directly to Wounded Warrior Project.
Match fees are tax deductable.
US Shooting Academy
6500 E 66th St N
Tulsa, OK 74117
Match Director: Curt Nichols
Events: Gun raffles & Gun Auctions
Lunch sold by local VFW (Planned for Saturday and Sunday only)
Stage Sponsorship: $500 will sponsor a stage as primary sponsor on a first come first serve basis. For this amount companies or individuals may have a table with information set up, a tent, banners, etc. Steel Sponsorship: $25 will sponsor up to 5 steel targets for up to 5 small signs (similar to political signs, no banners and nothing over 36” either wide or tall without permission) placed adjacent to steel targets.
The Stage and Steel Sponsor(s) is responsible to provide all sponsorship materials, signs and fixtures. Please call Mr. Curt Nichols at 918-663-2730 to confirm availability, to choose a stage and for payment (checks written to Wounded Warrior).

October 23 - 25, Tulsa, OK
“THE GREATEST CASUALTY IS BEING FORGOTTEN”

About the Wounded Warrior Project
Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to honor and empower wounded warriors. WWP serves to raise awareness and enlist the public’s aid for the needs of severely injured service men and women, to help severely injured service members aid and assist each other and to provide unique, direct programs and services to meet their needs. For more information, please call (904) 296-7350 or visit www.woundedwarriorproject.org

About the US Shooting Academy
The US Shooting Academy Inc. (USSA) is the leading firearms training facility in the United States. The 93-acre state-of-the-art training and shooting facility features: turning target systems, reactionary steel targets, a fully armored ballistic shoot house, a tactical training area, and countless other training amenities; offering more than 34 distinct training courses for civilians, all branches of the military, and to the law enforcement community. The US Shooting Academy is a privately held company headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Please visit www.usshootingacademy.com.

ENTRY FORM TO BE RETURNED TO Mr. Curt Nichols (see below)
October 23 - 25, Tulsa, OK

NAME: _______________________________________ (If entering squad, also include below)
ADDRESS:
CITY: STATE: ZIP:
PHONE# EMAIL:
Need Weapon Provided, Please Circle ( Yes or No ) Ammo available at market price ( Yes or No )

SHOOTING DAY: There is no guarantee you will receive your first choice. Slots will be filled on a first come, first served basis.

SATURDAY: SUNDAY: FRIDAY: ___________

SQUADS: Remember timing and squads are of your choice to register for. Make multiple entries below and enclose $75 per person if you choose to list your squad.

ENTRY FEE: $75 per person. Make checks payable to Wounded Warrior Project

Entrant Name Gun Needed? Yes or No
Amount to enclose
$75
$150
$225
$300
$375
MAIL ENTRIES TO:
Mr. Curt Nichols
7936 E. 27th Court
Tulsa, OK 74129
(918) 663-2730

By applying for entry into the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Charity Shoot, I hereby irrevocably consent to and authorize the use and reproduction by the WWP and United States Shooting Academy (USSA), or anyone authorized by WWP or USSA, of any and all photographs taken during the WWP Charity Shoot and all associated functions of me, negative or positive, for any purpose whatsoever, without any compensation to me. All negatives and positives together with all prints shall constitute WWP’s and USSA’s property, solely and completely. And/or I hereby give my consent for WWP and USSA to use any written quote I have given WWP and USSA and/or my name and title in any and all of WWP’s advertising, magazines, catalog (whether printed or website) and etc. without any compensation to me.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lewis Scoring assigns classes in order of finish:

Lewis Scoring System

After all of the scoring is done the competitors are listed in the overall order in which they finished. This list will be divided into thirds giving “A”, “B” and “C” classes. The top shooter in each class will get an award. The “Lewis” scoring system allows shooters to compete with shooters nearer their own abilities. Competitiors will not know what the class B and C scores will be until the scores are totaled so this eliminates “sandbagging”.

This match will most likely be divided into A-D classes.

38Super

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jerry,

If we can't make it to the match but still want to pay the entry fee, who can we mail a check to?

I will not be able to attend but this is a very worthy cause and some fine people are stepping up to make this happen. We need to support it.

Thanks.

Art

Latest posts

Top Bottom