J&K .44 and 9mm bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At what muzzle velocity do these bullets start to lead? I'm thinking about buying some 240grs for my .44 mag.

Has anyone used these for hunting? What kind of expansion did these bullets exhibit?

What about their 9mm bullets...At what muzzle velocity do these bullets start to lead and what kind of expansion can be expected?

Thanks,

MBB

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At what muzzle velocity do these bullets start to lead? I'm thinking about buying some 240grs for my .44 mag.

Has anyone used these for hunting? What kind of expansion did these bullets exhibit?

What about their 9mm bullets...At what muzzle velocity do these bullets start to lead and what kind of expansion can be expected?

Thanks,

MBB

I shoot the 147Gr 9mm's out of my factory G19 at or as close to 850 FPS and have had very minimal leading

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot our 125gr. 9mm RN at 1300fps without any leading. I really suspect this is the upper range before leading will start occurring. I have had a customer claim 1375fps without leading.

MBB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! Can anyone speak to the expansion qualities of these bullets?

Do you suspect the .44 bullets can be pushed to 1300fps?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
J&K's are very hard. That's why they don't lead like others. Being that hard I wouldn't expect much in the way of expansion. But if you hit a bone you might get some fragmentation...:lookaroun

Sturgell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most leading is caused by poor bore-bullet fit or cylinder-throat-bore fit. I have shot my 310 grain cast bullets that I pour from wheel weights to 1450 out of my 7.5 inch Redhawk, sounds cool until round 3-6 then it starts hurting...A LOT.

Latest posts

Top Bottom