Newb headed south

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinistersixguns

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hello all from a newb from KS.

I am going to be heading your way (OKC) for a wedding in a few weeks and wanted to get a little clarification before I go. The rehearsal is at Cattlemens in OKC, and from what I've gathered it is prohibited from carrying in any place that serves low-point alcohol? Do any of you have any knowledge about this issue?

Also, does Oklahoma allow concealed carry in churches? In KS it is ok unless the property is posted with a 'gun-buster'.

Many thanks!

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're good to go in both places. Without getting into specifics, Cattlemen's is a restaurant, and they are OK. Churches are not mentioned at all, I believe. Don't take my word for it, the SDA is linked here somewhere.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Church is good to go here in OK. Not sure if they are considered a business (which can post) but even if they are, I have yet to see one that has a "gunbuster" sign anyways.

The SDA says no carry in a "bar" but as skyydiver hinted at, the definition is not clear what makes a bar a bar, and when a restaurant could be a bar.

But just serving alcohol does not make it off limits. You're good to go at Cattlemans.

.45Fats

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Church is good to go here in OK. Not sure if they are considered a business (which can post) but even if they are, I have yet to see one that has a "gunbuster" sign anyways.

The SDA says no carry in a "bar" but as skyydiver hinted at, the definition is not clear what makes a bar a bar, and when a restaurant could be a bar.

But just serving alcohol does not make it off limits. You're good to go at Cattlemans.

I would guess that they use a similar definition to the one that was used for the anti smoking laws, IE if a location/buisness etc... revenue is 51% or greater in alchoholic drinks it is considered a drinking establishment(legal for smoking less so for carry)

NOTE: I am not a Lawyer, LEO, or Fairy Godparent this is just my PERSONAL understanding.

Milezc9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
couple years back a guy carried to cattlemans and came out really late at night. midnight or so. couple of gang bangers tried to jump him and he had to shoot and kill one that had a bat or pole or something. I'd carry there if I were you. Its fine during the day but heads up at night.

Latest posts

Top Bottom