? Value of CMMG rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sevo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found a CMMG AR for sale and was curious if it was priced fair. I have heard good reports about these rifles and wanted to see what u guys thought. Saw it at a local gun store in town.
CMMG AR M4, Standard DIG system(not gas piston), 16 inch heavy barrel, YHM flash hider, M4 style stock, removable carry handle, standard hand guards, barrel is not chrome lined. Looks to be good condition, about 95%. Guy wants 650 for it.
Thanks for your input.
Brad

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that's a bad price. I'm assuming it's not brand new. Just pop the break down pins out, pull the bolt carrier out and look at the wear on it. Then look down the barrel and make sure it's not all shot to hell - good rifling and a shiny bore. Then inspect the lower. If it all looks good, $650 isn't a bad price at all for an M4. I'm no expert though.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the price is good since you can see it in hand and check it out. The bargin bin guns are gtg from what I have heard too. But by the time you pay shipping, transfer fee, and in state sales tax (since you and CMMG is in MO) your price would be about the same.

SHOTGUN12

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As you can see, they don't hold resale value very well, and there's a reason for that.
I'd stay with Colt, RRA, Armalite, Bushmaster, not necessarily in that order.
Also, you'll want a 'Factory Built' weapon .... not somebody's 'project' gun. It's just not worth the trouble, just to try to save a few bucks.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
don't believe the hype, the price isn't bad at all. $650 is what rifles sold for 10 years ago. Ar's are not overally difficult to build or fix, buy it if you like it. Resell is a joke on ar's anyway. Look what everyone did during the early months of Obama. Parts guns sold for Tooooo damn much money. And when it comes to name brands, the real difference is in the finish of the weapon. My experiance with colts is Excellent, resell is also very good, the rest...some are better than others, I have seen deals on everything (except colts) and they are pretty solid on the high end of the spectrum.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
oops, didn't see it was a store..that means sales tax. Offer the $650 out the door or at least something to offset it..ammo, mags, case, something. I personally would pull out the $600 or $650 in cash and tell him done deal out the door. I had a great dealer friend that would do that and more all the time for this good customer.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And when it comes to name brands, the real difference is in the finish of the weapon.
Yeah ok. People are just suckers and pay hundreds of dollars more for better anodizing huh?

To the op... If it's a factory complete all CMMG rifle I think $650 is fair. Now if it's a bargain bin one he's jacked the price on then....

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah ok. People are just suckers and pay hundreds of dollars more for better anodizing huh?

Didn't you know that?:slap:

Anodizing is what it is all about. Proper steel, MP testing, proof firing, shot peening of bolts, proper staking, quality control and everything else is just fluff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom