Congrats to Phil Strader!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Team Smith and Wesson's Phil Strader (gmshtr here on OSA) came in 3rd place at the 2009 USPSA Handgun Nationals in Production Division!

He was just 5% off of Vogel, the defending Champion, and just got edged by Dave Sevigny.

That division was stacked, too; Sevigny, Vogel, Leatham, Stoeger, Ohlasso, Hobdell, Mink, Miguez, Seeklander, Norris, etc..
:thumbup3:

I know a lot of other oklahoma boys did well too; but they dont have the accurate-iron Logo on their shirt..:bowdown:

fyi, he was using a M&P9 Pro.

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Team Smith and Wesson's Phil Strader (gmshtr here on OSA) came in 3rd place at the 2009 USPSA Handgun Nationals in Production Division!

He was just 5% off of Vogel, the defending Champion, and just got edged by Dave Sevigny.

That division was stacked, too; Sevigny, Vogel, Leatham, Stoeger, Ohlasso, Hobdell, Mink, Miguez, Seeklander, Norris, etc..
:thumbup3:

I know a lot of other oklahoma boys did well too; but they dont have the accurate-iron Logo on their shirt..:bowdown:

fyi, he was using a M&P9 Pro.

Way to go Mike.....I know that he just got his M&P's not long ago and sent them directly to you.......I guess he liked them just fine.

gmshtr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone! It was a tough match with a lot of no-shoots. I wish I could have performed better, but I can't complain about my finish, especially with the talent there. Vogel shot a great match...and Dave and I just made too many silly mistakes to stay close.

My AI Production gun worked great. My Limited gun, on the other hand, bad FT Extract on the last stage of the match. Dropped me from 6th to 13th...BUT, that wasn't due to anything Mike did or didn't do. I just had a bad extractor...which my other generous sponsor is taking care of with his custom extractors (Speed Shooter Specialties). Hope S&W releases the M&P40 Pro soon! The recoil on that 4" model is BRUTAL!

Thanks again, and congrats to all if winners...especially myyy buddy Doug Bowdler, A Class Limited National Champion!

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone! It was a tough match with a lot of no-shoots. I wish I could have performed better, but I can't complain about my finish, especially with the talent there. Vogel shot a great match...and Dave and I just made too many silly mistakes to stay close.

My AI Production gun worked great. My Limited gun, on the other hand, bad FT Extract on the last stage of the match. Dropped me from 6th to 13th...BUT, that wasn't due to anything Mike did or didn't do. I just had a bad extractor...which my other generous sponsor is taking care of with his custom extractors (Speed Shooter Specialties). Hope S&W releases the M&P40 Pro soon! The recoil on that 4" model is BRUTAL!

Thanks again, and congrats to all if winners...especially myyy buddy Doug Bowdler, A Class Limited National Champion!

Yes! Congrats to Doug!!

Lets hope that bagger shot into M percentages and gets bumped so I can have A class all to myself!

Latest posts

Top Bottom