Bought My first Pistol yesterday!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, well i finally got to buy my first pistol yesterday:woohoo1:. Went up to SportsWorld here in tulsa and had went with intentions of buying a glock 19. All i have ever shot as far as pistols were glocks shot about all of them except for the 357's. Anyways got a few of them in front of me and was fondleing them and one of the guys was like have you looked at the XD's. I have been looking at them on the web but just couldnt make up my mind.

Anyways long story short he pulls out a couple subcompact XD's and then a service and tactical models. i started messing around with all them and realized the fit and feel of the XD seemed more natural for me. and i liked the extra safety on the backstrap. So after talking with them and figuring i wont be carrying this pistol much since i yet have taken my CCW class and what not i ended up walking out the door with a XD tactical in .40SW:hypnotize:. i am on the lookout though for some CC holsters though instead of the XD holster that came with the gun. not sure what it was but i love the way this pistol feels in my hands and just the look and everything seemed right. Im sure some of you know what thats like. Anyways i'll post pics later on:rubhands:.

jcbarlow

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good thing he is a smooth talker, he was trying to move out those Springfield guns he cant get anyone else to buy:yelclap: Congrats on the gun, where are the pics.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will not be disappointed. I really liked my xd-9 service and now LOVE it since getting it back from Mike at Accurate Iron. He took a nice gun and make it into an excellent one.

Enjoy shooting it, and I would suggest looking into Crossbreed IWB holsters. They are the most comfortable IWB I have ever owned.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
heres some pics:

ai27.photobucket.com_albums_c189_driftmaster04_sciencecamp2009002.jpg

ai27.photobucket.com_albums_c189_driftmaster04_sciencecamp2009003.jpg

couldnt help but throw this in there for good measure :rubhands:

ai27.photobucket.com_albums_c189_driftmaster04_sciencecamp2009001.jpg

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks for the compliments guys. and yes i cant wait to go put some rounds through it. im bettin it'll be a great shooter and I have a little more reassurance now that these are on par with glocks and the like. i think i'll be keeping this for a long long time.

also definately likin the crossbreed holsters maybe order one in a couple weeks cuz i know the standard xd holster will probably only be good for using at the range.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have the XD 9 Tactical in Flat Dark Earth and love it. Shot the last steel challenge at USSA with it and it ran great. Only one hiccup and I did that by not seating the mag. Congrats....

Latest posts

Top Bottom