Okc Idpa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in OKC and really want to give this a try. I have read all the beginner threads and have the gear necessary to shoot a match.

Now, when is the next one in this area? I'm ready to try it as a rank beginner. Looks like wonderful fun.

B

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The nearest IDPA to OKC metro is in Hinton (west of metro) or in the Tulsa area. Oil Capital (Tulsa metro) shoots IDPA the 4th Saturday monthly. Oil Capital was the first IDPA club in Oklahoma and has been continously shooting it since 1997. Oil Capital has held a number of State IDPA matches as well as Regionals.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hinton would be easy for me to get to. When is it? It seems to me from reading here that IDPA would be a bit easier first experience. Would I have a similar experience as OKCGC at an IPSC match? Will they have someone to help rank beginners?

When is the match in Hinton?
B

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hinton would be easy for me to get to. When is it? It seems to me from reading here that IDPA would be a bit easier first experience. Would I have a similar experience as OKCGC at an IPSC match? Will they have someone to help rank beginners?

B

youll get plenty of help, no matter where you go, or whether you shoot ipsc or idpa.

My reality was, when I started shooting matches, was that Id be shooting ipsc matches unless I wanted to run to tulsa every weekend.
If you shoot a idpa match, hinton is ok for your first couple of matches, but the turnout is nothing compared to the ones in t town, and I dislike shooting indoors.

In conclusion, go wherever you want, we are all beginner friendly. Ill be at the okc gun club ipsc match this coming saturday. Maybe see you there.

Mike

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

B

I will be there Satruday as well. I'd be happy to help you out. I just started back in February myself so I know exactly what your thinking right now.
The beauty of the OKCGC IPSC match is that you will get a taste of the smaller stages similar to IDPA but you will aslo get some bigger IPSC stages of 30+ rounds. I will also talk you into coming to shoot 3 gun with us next month!

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great! Thanks for the help here and in PMs you guys. I look forward to trying this out Saturday. I can't do Sunday mornings unfortunately.

B

Latest posts

Top Bottom