Ruger SR-22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backspur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess Ruger is stepping into the tactical rimfire market with the Ruger SR-22

It looks kinda cobbled together to me. Being based on the 10-22, it will probably be more reliable and accurate than the other AR style rimfires. Those are my thoughts.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know I saw a kit that Olyeller had that would turn a 10/22 into that platform. I guess the thing that the Ruger has going for it is the proven design and the ability to find mags relatively cheap. Should be accurate too with it being free floated too. Bad, looks nothing like a real AR.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know I saw a kit that Olyeller had that would turn a 10/22 into that platform. I guess the thing that the Ruger has going for it is the proven design and the ability to find mags relatively cheap. Should be accurate too with it being free floated too. Bad, looks nothing like a real AR.

thats the same thing; its made by nordic components and badged by ruger.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They had one today (already) in Sports World that I looked at. They had it marked $469, so quite a bit under MSRP. However reliable they may or may not be, sitting next to the S&W M&P 22 (whatever that is called), it looked a little, homely, I guess is the word. I'm pretty sure that the S&W would outsell it on looks alone, to be honest, the Ruger just looked cheap compared to the S&W.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They had one today (already) in Sports World that I looked at. They had it marked $469, so quite a bit under MSRP. However reliable they may or may not be, sitting next to the S&W M&P 22 (whatever that is called), it looked a little, homely, I guess is the word. I'm pretty sure that the S&W would outsell it on looks alone, to be honest, the Ruger just looked cheap compared to the S&W.

I would definitely get the s&w based on looks but I bet the ruger will shoot better coming from a 10/22.

Latest posts

Top Bottom