Anyone smoked deer quarters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried it, but for the life of me I could't keep it lit.:sorry4:

Back on topic, we have done it, and the secret is some marinade for a couple of days in the fridge, and cook it low and slow:D

Put a little slice in the meat and slide some garlic cloves into the slice. Bon' Appite":D

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have done it a couple of times. Along with the deer hindquarter, I smoke two pork butts. I place the pork butts on the rack above the deer and let the fat from the pork "baste" the venision. GOOD STUFF!

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have done it a couple of times. Along with the deer hindquarter, I smoke two pork butts. I place the pork butts on the rack above the deer and let the fat from the pork "baste" the venision. GOOD STUFF!

I was in Chicago once and this restaurant had "smoked butt" on the buffet. I didn't eat it.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did it last year and let it soak in an ice chest for a week then wrapped 3 pounds of bacon with toothpicks (Could have used 5) and turned out damn good.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A guy I know used to start them in the "stick burner" smoker for a few hours and finish them off in several crock pots. I'm not big on venison, as I usually use it for chili (the best there is) and summer sausage, but I could eat this. Tender and moist.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That is a good trick for venison as well as putting some poultry above the venison. I do it but forgot about that until you posted it.

We even smoke potatoe's using the meat above to season them.

Like you said: buzzgun:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom