Bow Kill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shooter00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure when I'm going, maybe the next little front that comes in. I spent today getting my new spot ready...the backyard. Had a ton of tracks in the garden starting a week or so ago, so I decided to bring in a feeder and some cameras to see what's here. We're in between Edmond and Guthrie, just north of the county line, so all options are open. I happened to look out the window about 1:00 this morning and there was a nice doe feeding. I walked out the front of the house and around back, heard several fawn bleats and other deer noise.

So I cleared out a bunch of brush back in the alley between treelines and moved the feeder into the alley. I set up my ground blind and started a mock scrape. I'll get the camera up next week and post some pics. It's going to be fun having a 30 second trip to the blind this year.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure when I'm going, maybe the next little front that comes in. I spent today getting my new spot ready...the backyard. Had a ton of tracks in the garden starting a week or so ago, so I decided to bring in a feeder and some cameras to see what's here. We're in between Edmond and Guthrie, just north of the county line, so all options are open. I happened to look out the window about 1:00 this morning and there was a nice doe feeding. I walked out the front of the house and around back, heard several fawn bleats and other deer noise.

So I cleared out a bunch of brush back in the alley between treelines and moved the feeder into the alley. I set up my ground blind and started a mock scrape. I'll get the camera up next week and post some pics. It's going to be fun having a 30 second trip to the blind this year.

I could do that at our house. We planted the place next to the house last year, and could see all the eyes as we pulled into the garage. They were bedded down.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to western OK with my dad, brothers and a couple of buddies for our annual opening of archery season hunt. I went out Wednesday and hung some stands and some of the guys came in Wedns. night and some on Fri. night. Had a great time. Weather was beautiful and most everyone saw deer and/or hogs and coyotes. My youngest brother and I both took our first instinctive deer with recurves.
ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_DeerCamp09002.jpg

Had a great time visiting with family and friends....
ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_DeerCamp09010.jpg

Big stories were told about the pigs or deer that got away......
ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_DeerCamp09012.jpg

I'm already looking forward to next year. It is one of my favorite events of the year.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta love hunting camp! The stories are the best part of it.

Here is my story.
1st day out this season I didn't see any fur but a couple of coons crossing a field..
Got down at 1030 hrs, and drove around to see that1/2 mile away a 1/4 section of beans were still green and to the southwest of me about 3/4 miles away was a half section of milo growing. It may be a long season....

Latest posts

Top Bottom