Hog hunting near Lawton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejcanuck

New to the site!
Reaction score
:Heya: Hi everyone.
My wife and I are new to the area and hoping to find some hogs to throw a few arrows at. Does anyone have any suggestions? We don't really want to pay for hunts. We are hoping there are some farmers or landowners out there that would like some help controlling the amount of bacon wandering around. We are going to try hunting the Fort Sill ranges but we are hoping to find other places as well. I would appreciate any leads you could give us!

batchman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go south of town to pig farm road where there used to be allot of pig farmers (hince the name) and drive east till it tee's off and start looking around and knocking on doors only way to get a free hunt anymore

Gary

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It may be a little far for ya, but the Waurika Wildlife Management Area has lots of pigs on it and it is open to public hunting for both deer and pigs with archery equipment.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep in mind that many farmer's and cattlemen view feral hogs as vermin.
They destroy hay bales that contain any grain at all.
They're bad to ruin legume and grain crops in the field. There are farmers out there who want hunters they can trust.

ejcanuck

New to the site!
Reaction score
Thanks ignerntbend. My wife and I are trustworthy....I just need to find a farmer who doesn't want pigs around. Normally we hunt with rifles but didn't bring any south with us so we will work our bows as soon as we get the opportunity.

All-thanks to all for the tips!

Latest posts

Top Bottom