leaving for Big Mac Wed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend offered me the use of a climber stand.
For those of you that have been there, are their any trees that would allow a climber?
I'll be in the Hominy area.
Looks like the weather is going to be in the 50's at night and 70 on Friday with temps getting into the hi 40's Sat and Sunday night with highs in the low 60's so maybe the critters will be moving.:D

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dennisshoddy I wish I could be of more help about big Mac. When I went to college at Southeastern and hunted some of the WMA in area of the state trees for climbers were a lot more common than my area. Cottonwood trees are risky as the really coarse bark doesn't allow the teeth to bite in as good. I however have climbed a few and sometimes its a foot sliding free fall before they get a bite. Goodluck.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not too much chance of using a climber Dennis. I've been in Hominy before and will be there the first weekend in Nov. this year. Better take a hang on or a ladder. I hunted out of a big cedar tree last time I was in that area. Mostly oaks and the bad ice storm from a couple years ago has a bunch of them covered with little bitty limbs up and down. I'm looking forward to hearing how you did and if the deer were moving. PM me any pertinent info when you get back.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not too much chance of using a climber Dennis. I've been in Hominy before and will be there the first weekend in Nov. this year. Better take a hang on or a ladder. I hunted out of a big cedar tree last time I was in that area. Mostly oaks and the bad ice storm from a couple years ago has a bunch of them covered with little bitty limbs up and down. I'm looking forward to hearing how you did and if the deer were moving. PM me any pertinent info when you get back.

I thought that might be the case. Its not very heavy so I might use it as a hang on as they allow screw in steps. I bought a new ladder stand that would be great, but by the time I got the shooting rail and all the other stuff bolted on, its pretty big, but if I can get creative I might figure out a way to strap it on my 2 wheel deer hauler. Its one that a person can sit in from daylight to dark.
Gonna have to be creative in getting all this stuff in my Toyota Tacoma.

Latest posts

Top Bottom