I wonder if this is American made...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got the new CDNN catalog in the mail today and lo and behold, guess what was in there! :w000t:

[Broken External Image]

It's a SxS 12 gauge, double external hammers and triggers, 20" barrel, bead sight, checkered walnut stock and forearm. Just what I'm lookin' for! :woohoo1: It's made by Remington. It's an SPR model and it's on sale for $339.99. I just wonder if it's American made? Or did Remington sell out to the Russians? :anyone:

God, I hope it's not made in China. :grumble:

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Regardless of its origins it's a pretty great looking gun at a nice price.

I wouldn't mind having one for an extra HD shotgun.

Plus it would just be fun to have an old school setup like that.

I know the skeet shooting crowd loves their over unders, but what would the take be on a side by side?

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made a painful mistake with a CZ SxS .12 ga. double trigger shotgun I bought a few years ago. Fired it from the hip because I'd loaded the chambers with 3" buckshot, thought that would be easier way to handle the recoil. That shotgun is so light and the 3" buckshot rounds recoiled so sharply that my "firm" grip I thought I had was quite inadequate. The front trigger gashed one finger and the trigger guard caused what I call a mashing laceration to my next finger, with appropriate pain and surprise. The kind that teaches lasting lessons. After a bandage session from my first aid kit I keep behind the seat of my pick-up, the shoot continued without further unexpected incidents. Advice from uncle rich is, shoulder your shotgun firmly before firing, lean into the recoil and take it.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, for some reason or another, I'm really getting back to my roots and wanting some cowboy type of weaponry. You know...the stuff that works. In this world of plastic pistols and tacticool rifles, I'm really craving some good ol' iron and wood. :thumb:

That damned ol' Winchester started all of this. :grumble:

Thanks riley! ;)

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been eyeing that CZ - but its closer to the $750 range - This one doesn't quite have the details but that price!! Might have to try one!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I called up CDNN. :phone:

The guy was very helpful. He told me it was a Remington but it is manufactured by Baikal out of Russia. He said he has seen some of these in the past and the only "bad" thing he had to say about them was the stocks looked like somebody had carved up a 2x4. But with this new batch they just got in, the stocks look pretty damn good.

I asked him about the ruggedness of the hammers compared to the Chinese models I've been seeing. He said that these are bona-fide HAMMERS. The Chinese models basically utilize a detonating device...NOT a true hammer. :nono1:

He went on to say that these are some of the better SxS scatterguns he's seen come down the pike, for just a little scratch, in a long, LONG time.

I think I had better run and tell Santa Claus that I want one! :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom