338 Lapua Mag in a 700 Remington

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strawdog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thinking about a 338LM build on a 700 long Action. I know that i would have to open the bolt face up and add a Sako style extractor. Ive heard that to be able to eject a loaded round that some milling is required. What does it cost to have this type of work performed? Anything else as far as action that i need to know or would need to be performed?

I was thinking 27" +Brake, 1:10 twist barrel. Whats does it normally cost to have a barrel blank chambered and threaded for a 700 action installed and set for correct headspace?

Thanks
Strawdog

fishn&huntn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thinking about a 338LM build on a 700 long Action. I know that i would have to open the bolt face up and add a Sako style extractor. Ive heard that to be able to eject a loaded round that some milling is required. What does it cost to have this type of work performed? Anything else as far as action that i need to know or would need to be performed?

I was thinking 27" +Brake, 1:10 twist barrel. Whats does it normally cost to have a barrel blank chambered and threaded for a 700 action installed and set for correct headspace?

Thanks
Strawdog
PM shortgrass he has been very helpful with my questions