Cold weather

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talacker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate to see warm weather go, but this means easier concealment and a step up in fire power and capacity...at least for me. Also, chili and soup for dinner. But why I bought a house without a real wood-burning fireplace, I'll never know.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
while cold weather makes it easier to carry it does not lend itself to drawing your weapon any easier. unless you carry in your jacket front pocket.

I have found that with a heavy jacket my draw is significantly slower since i have to move alot of cloth out of my way to get to it.

its not a huge problem unless you take the time to practice your draw and such with whatever you wear.

I carry a G22 on and off duty and use an IWB 90% of the time weather winter or summer, i will be transitioning to a glock 27 for off duty soon. that 22 is just plain ole big on my frame to carry IWB, Oh yeah i can do it and do it well. So well in fact I can be in shorts and a tshirt and you wouldnt know it

seanmccanne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In cool weather I'll carry under a hooded sheatshirt. But even if I'm wearing a coat I'll have another method like a sweater or untucked shirt in the case I remove the jacket.

Otherwise, winter means beans and chili, shepherd's pie and dark beer. Also, I'll still run my grill and smoker over the winter, so we still have brisket, etc.

I've always liked winter.

Edited to say that there's nothing like a nice hot fireplace on a cold, snowy day.

Sean

Latest posts

Top Bottom