bullet casting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanncass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there anyone in the Tulsa area that does a training or class on casting bullets? I'v been reading online and would like somethings hands on befor i start casting.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I don't usually plan my casting sessions too far in advance but with cooler weather coming I'll be doing it more often. I'll keep you in mind and ifI can make plans a day or two in advance I'll let you know. I live just outside of Chelsea. You would want to be able to spend at least a couple of hours.

And no, I won't tell you where I get my wheel weights.:D:D:D

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found one in the parking lot the other day... its the only one I've got :(... I can cast 2 boolits with it.

It better be a big ww or those better be small bullets if you're going to get two out of it.:rotflmao:

I've been able to find ww's at the little mom and pop tire shops. They're more apt to be willing to sell them. Some of the chain stores don't want to mess with you unless they know you.

Or if you can find just plain lead look for linotype to mix with it.
I bought a box of linotype off a guy on another board about a year ago.
Price wasn't bad, but the $10 flat rate box kind of made it only a so so deal.

I suspect if you don't want to mess with driving around looking for ww's you can find them on evilbay or some other web based operation. When times were tough I bought a flat rate box of ww's off that internet auction site. The only problem with buying them off the net is you can't look them over. Nobody want's to buy a box of steel and/or zinc ww's.

It's like anything else you have to work at it some, but they're out there.

Do yourself a favor and buy a bullet casting manual first and learn the ropes.
Be safe and take your time while learning.
Hot lead is very unforgiving and stay unwind from the fumes.
There are a couple good resource websites out there.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/
http://www.castbulletassoc.org/forum/

Good luck!:Heya:

Latest posts

Top Bottom