I'm not having fun, shooting in Ok sucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blastsnap

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guns for sale everywhere with way inflated prices and no place to shoot unless you bend over and pay the way inflated club or range fee's. Places to plink other than GMA don't exist.

I remember as a child and young man there were places to shoot all over OK. Now,,, nada.

I live in Okmulgee/Thugville and have been working a lot in Arkansas. There are places all over the place to shoot there.

I'm finding gun ownership and the hobby very very disgusting in Oklahoma. Almost might as well be in NY State. I'm finding less and less to like about a once proud state.

OkieOFT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It is pretty bad. I live down in SE OK and if it wasn't for our little WMA ranges I wouldn't have a single place to shoot. There isn't anything even resembleing a gun club down here that I know of.

blastsnap

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is pretty bad. I live down in SE OK and if it wasn't for our little WMA ranges I wouldn't have a single place to shoot. There isn't anything even resembleing a gun club down here that I know of.

Use to be a lot of places to shoot around your area. They must have dried up.

I know around here the FED's have ruined a lot. When the FED's came in and stole land form folks for there water fowl refuge program it was a major blow. I lost land that I deer hunted on and plinked on. A lot of Deep Fork bottom land got sucked up in that land grab also where a lot of folks use to go plinking. Now it's a super max for quackers. And go out and screw around on it you might find your self in a super max for humans. You also use to be able to go out to the old coal strip pits and shoot. Not anymore. The EPA has ruined that or the FED's own it, or it's caught up in 50 year old court case's as to who owns it. It's all off limits now.

Lawyers, politicians and college boys are doing there best to ruin our country hands down.

Antichrome

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It's a short drive from Poteau to Ft Smith. There's 4 private club ranges within 15 minutes of my house.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good thin my family owns 4000 acres and farms another 4000 or so. Never have to worry about that crap. And I dont like it when people talk bad about my state. But I guess I'll let it slide. But please don't compare it to NY or CA

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IBTB...lol
All I can say is sell your guns (preferably on here) and move to Texas. I heard they had a Border Patrol that was hiring. Maybe you can do some shooting on the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom