how'd everyone do yesterday?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i hunted a few miles north of sooner lake.i was up there a couple of weeks ago and saw TONS of deer.only saw a yearling doe with her two fawns yesterday.after talking to other hunters,it was the same for them,at least around there. one guy said he was getting all his pics in the afternoon. anyone else have a similar experience?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was working but my dad was in his stand. He had the most luck on Saturday morning. He saw 18 deer. 8 bucks, 10 does, and 12 turkey. I am pretty sure one of the does is the button buck that I have been seeing. Here are 2 of the bucks he captured on film at 50 yards.
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_Oct24.jpg

He was hoping the bigger one that he was watching at 300 yards would come in as he was taking the pics of these two.
Saturday night he saw the 12 turkey. Sunday morning he saw the doe and button buck and 2 coyotes. I am headed out with my bow in a little bit.

six shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had so many deer at my food plot yesterday evening that i could not get out of their without scaring them so i sat their til about 45 minutes after dark and still had to blow my weaze to get them to leave

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw four. The only one that came within range was a little 7pt that came up about 15 yards away and started making a rub. I had my muzzelloader and decided I wanted something a bit more mature to put my MZ buck tag on, so he got a pass.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well yesterday morning didn't go as I has planned. I got to my lease (North of Custer City) plenty early and changed clothes and started my long walk in. I should mention that I had to walk across a milo field about 1/4 mi long. Glad I wore my waterproof pants. As I made my way to the field that the milo meets up with I heard a noise that I had only heard in Antler's one time before...Hogs! I froze. All of the stories that people had been telling me about these things tearing your arms and legs off suddenly pop'd in my mind. Especially when I seen some very small piglets, some hogs around 50-75lbs, a couple about 150-200lbs and then one that dwarfed all of them. I would guess at least 400lbs.

I thought about shooting one of them but then I was there to deer hunt and thought that I was going to sneek through this eye leve high grass to the creek, cross the creek and make my way back to my tree stand. Maybe they would come out on the other side and I could take one then. But, on my way down to the creek that I had to cross, I heard them coming a lot closer to me through the grass and then I saw the grass start moving about 25 yard from me so I picked up my pace and started walking a little faster. I finally made it to my tree and up I went. I was ever so happy to be that high up!

Anyway after all that ruckess the hogs and I made I didn't thing that I stood a chance of seeing any deer yesterday morning but I wasn't up there 15 minutes and here came a couple of does, and then a couple more. I wasn't trophy hunting yesterday and was needing some meet so I popped one of the does (dressed 104lbs) with my new Pro-Hunter Endeavor using 150gr (3 pellets) of 777 and a 250gr shockwave sabot. Shot her right at 100yards away and she made it 40yards to a thicket where she expired quickly. I've heard some people talking bad about t/c shockwave's not expanding and just passing through with no blood trail, well this wasn't the case. It did it's job and now I have some more backstraps in the freezer!

Ooh and after I shot her I looked across the creek where there is an opening and all of those hogs started squeeling and ran across it and I counted 15-20 of them. I think I'm gonna have to do some terminating! Those things give me the creeps now. And some of the noises they were making made it sound like Jurasic Park!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

ai641.photobucket.com_albums_uu135_jmiller556_b683b768.jpg

I will never drag a deer again if I can help it. I bought this cart at the last minute before going and can't figure out for the life of me why I never bought one before! I highly recommend one of these if you don't have a four wheeler, or in my case can't ride through the milo.
ai641.photobucket.com_albums_uu135_jmiller556_fe5f0586.jpg

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was hunting with my recurve and had a little one horned buck come right under me but let him go to grow. My 15 yr old son had my black powder and had several does come by but had only bought a buck tag and didn't see any. We only got to hunt Sat morning this weekend. Saw lots of pheasant. Dec 1 is looking good.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
hey juston,looks like backstraps on the grill today.i could have shot the doe yesterday but i don't think she would have made 90 lbs dressed. went back out to my lease north of crescent this afternoon. seemed like a really good evening until the wind and rains came.one of my buddy's saw three doe that were having a tough time making through the grass (read small). maybe thurs. morning after the front will be good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom