DIY GSG5 bolt buffers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thought maybe some of you fellow GSG owners might be interested in this....I saw this over on the AR15.com forum, thought I'd share, I just did it and I think it will really help.

I decided to make a buffer, as others have done, for the charging handle, so it would not slam into it's slot in the frame when released.
In the plumbing Dept. at Home Depot, I found a couple items that were the proper 11/16" outer diameter size, that worked perfect. The (Danco brand 3/8L faucet stem repair) beveled washer and o-ring, stacked together make a buffer with a little "cush" for the cocking tube to travel forward into, without damaging the handle or frame, and it eliminates any cheap metalic noise when the handle moves forward after cocking the gun. I was able to install these items, without seperating the frame halves, by inserting them horizontaly, into the cocking-handle slot, and then turn them into position, and used the charging tube to "ram-rod" them into position, with a couple pulls and releases.

[Broken External Image]

The pieces are oriented like on the pencil tip below, the cocking tube hits the o-ring.
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

I picked up the parts at Lowes...#35 O-Rings were $1.97 and the beveled washers were $1.73

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I had mine I was going to machine a buffer from Delrin, I even bought the Delrin rod to do it. then I ran across a rubber stopper at Ace. It fit very snuggly into the end of the charging handle tube and provided a VERY soft pad when using the HK cocking style.

Latest posts

Top Bottom