Keeping magazines loaded

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the way a spring works it gets weaker as it gets compressed and decompressed over and over not just leaving it compressed all the time.

I always have at least 5 mags for my G19 loaded to full cap with a round in the chamber of my G19 full time unless im firing it or cleaning it.

The only reason I rotate mags is not for the the sake of the springs but the sake of the bullets. Ive seen some bullet cases deform when left loaded in mags for to long but thats it. I jsut rotate the ammo around int eh mag and check for bullet setback from being chambered and cleared everyday in my duty weapon.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the way a spring works it gets weaker as it gets compressed and decompressed over and over not just leaving it compressed all the time.

I always have at least 5 mags for my G19 loaded to full cap with a round in the chamber of my G19 full time unless im firing it or cleaning it.

The only reason I rotate mags is not for the the sake of the springs but the sake of the bullets. Ive seen some bullet cases deform when left loaded in mags for to long but thats it. I jsut rotate the ammo around int eh mag and check for bullet setback from being chambered and cleared everyday in my duty weapon.

and this.

Just shoot your gun and reload your magazines. It is not like they are gonna wear out in a week or two. Guns and magazines are made to be used. Go have fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom