quail or pheasant hunting in OK.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okbishop

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hay... I am wanting to find a place to go bird hunting. It's just me and my son (13) never hunted before. We live in Tulsa, but could go out west. It would just be for a day. Any ideas would be great.

Regards

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are pheasant around Kaw Lake on the public land and you could hunt on some of the public stuff in the panhandle. Quail are at Black Kettle, Canton, Ellis County but they have not been to good for the last several years.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Opens Dec 1 and the hunting is probably good in certain areas but I don't know which. I have not hunted up there enough to know where. Just get out there and enjoy beating the brush and I'm sure you can shoot some rabbits too.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Opens Dec 1 and the hunting is probably good in certain areas but I don't know which. I have not hunted up there enough to know where. Just get out there and enjoy beating the brush and I'm sure you can shoot some rabbits too.

There is some really good upland hunting around Kaw most years, but I'm not so sure this year. They normally plant milo on the upper end of the lake for wildlife, but most of it was under water until mid summer. There are hi ground areas that will hold quail. Just be there at the crack of dawn, as other hunters come in as the day goes on, and the "early bird gets the worm":D

Latest posts

Top Bottom