windy weather bow hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wind isn't bad if the temps are cold. I have had some great hunts on extremely windy days but you need some cold temps to go with it this time of year.

PYPLYNR

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was windy as heck this morning. Had the wind at my back. Thanks to the wind being out of the south and I had 4 does and a buck come in. They never smelled me. And now I'm a firm believer in scent killer spray

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today was the most deer activity I've seen all year. Now I regret sleeping in yesterday.

I ussually hate the wind, but the combination of the rut and late moon rise seems to have had them on their feet today.

beer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was warm and windy a couple of weeks ago. I had just got done complaining to my hunting partner in a text that the da%# wind was going to ruin the day when my seven deer came in. I got my first buck with a bow that day.

Sometimes you just never know.

aturp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saterday morning I saw more more deer than I have since the beginning of October. Six small bucks and one doe. She was being chased right by my tree by a spike. I was rockin in that tree from the wind!

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here. I was complaining about the wind Friday afternoon, but the deer were moving all over the place at Salt Plains. I got a spike and 6 or 7 other hunters harvested deer that eveing. I really, really wanted to go yesterday especially after the clouds moved in, but it was not in the cards. I almost could have guaranteed success. Oh well ... :blahblah:

Latest posts

Top Bottom