Rut Report?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pro2ndammendment

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, how about a rut report? Saw one on North American Whitetail forums. Here is what I have seen over the last two weeks.

Central and Southern Oklahoma......

I have been skunked the last two weeks. Not a lot of movement during the day. Seen several does late late in the evening. No bucks chasing. I think the weather and moon has restricted their movement to mainly at night. I did go out around 10:00 pm the other night just to look for deer. Saw 15 total. A couple of 4 pointers... Nothing too exciting.

goldflinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last weekend, about 30-40 miles west of the metro, lots of little bucks really chasing the does. The does were not receptive and doing all they could to get away from them. Did not see any large bucks chasing however. Wondering if the warm weather had something to do with that, or the big guys are smart enough not to waste too much energy until the does are close to going into heat. Did not notice too many swollen necks on the bucks that I did see shot.

jchisim

New to the site!
Reaction score
north of tulsa 20 miles, been seeing a few does and little spikes. Sat morning seen 0, Sat night when front was coming through, counted 16 does in a 3 hr period and 2 spikes, no bucks chaseing does. With this many does one would think you would see a nice buck or two. I know there out there have them on trail cams. Today the 17th buddy of mine started seeing the big boys and yes thay are now in the rut. Colder weather and pretty much no moon. Should be peaking through out gun season. Im hitting it hard the rest of this week before the gun hunters hit the field. Vacation time, Good luck to all.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your not seeing them because the buck pester the does so much they hide out during the day. Kind of like the ladies at the bar on saturday night when the human bucs are on the prowl, and the doe ladies all get together in the corner for protection:D:D:D

Hog Shooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to Mo. and the does were receptive their. I think this weekend they will be very close, but I still think the big boys are going to be moving late and mid day. In the area I hunt I think the majority of early breeding is done by the smaller bucks. But I could be wrong or just partly right.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Had two bucks come in to the can call on Saturday. They were both spikes but I shot one anyone... I made a bad shot... I hit where I aimed but it was semi quartering toward me and I should have shot in front of the shoulder and not behind it. The bloodtrail ran out... I feel horrible but I learned a good lesson. It was my first deer ever too. :(

So yeah, the rut is on at least for the younger bucks.

JDunkle1226

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got back from Larned, KS pheasant hunting, it's about 20 mile SW of Great Bend. In 4 days I saw over 10 bucks that would probably score over 140 and the biggest probably around 180, every buck I saw was chasing or had a doe near by. It really was something to see. It was killing me that I was out there and not in a deer stand. My family has some land around Sedan KS and I talked to some people around there and they said by this weekend it should be great. To anyone hunting in NE Oklahoma you should be in for a good opening weekend. Good luck to all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom