OKC IDPA matches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone in the OKC area hold monthly IDPA matches?

Thanks

BC

PS: I don't know where this post should go. Whats the difference in "Competitions & Upcoming Events" and the "IDPA and IPSC" forums?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No. They used to hold them at Bob Howard's range several years ago, but OKC hasn't had an IDPA affiliated club since then. If anyone is interested in starting one up down there, those of us in the Tulsa area who put on IDPA matches would be willing to help get one going.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm confidant that IDPA matches would do very well in the Oklahoma City area. All it takes is a place (outdoor or inside) and OKC people to make it work. Glocktogo and myself are the two IDPA Safety Officer instructors for the state of Oklahoma. Both of us, as well as other Tulsa area IDPA shooters, would be glad to help to get an IDPA club in OKC started.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lets do one on a week night at H&H? 3-4 stages and 2-3 hours would be the perfect way to break up the boring work week. I volunteer to help out.

PRDATOR can you check with your H&H connections as to the feasibility of this at their range?

Has the indoor Edmond range opened yet? Maybe we could do a real small one there in the future?

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lets do one on a week night at H&H? 3-4 stages and 2-3 hours would be the perfect way to break up the boring work week. I volunteer to help out.

PRDATOR can you check with your H&H connections as to the feasibility of this at their range?

Has the indoor Edmond range opened yet? Maybe we could do a real small one there in the future?

I'll get on it!!!
Im sure on the week night it would be expensive though.
That's one reason we do the classes on Sun night after they close.

I dont know about the Edmond range that would be nice. Or during the summer we could do it at OKCGC!!!

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll get on it!!!
Im sure on the week night it would be expensive though.
That's one reason we do the classes on Sun night after they close.

I dont know about the Edmond range that would be nice. Or during the summer we could do it at OKCGC!!!

Expensive? When we do the IPSC match on Sunday night I don't think it costs anything does it? If it does it can't be much becasue we all only pay $15. I think we get to use the range because of the gracious volunteeers from H&H that help run the match and the range.

I guess it could cost a few hundred bucks as 30 @ $15/each is a fair amount of money.

Does anyone know if Shannon from H&H is active on this forum?

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That would be awesone. Even though I am a newbie to the sport (never shot a match) I would volunteer in whatever capacity needed.

The Edmond range would be a great way for them to promote their new facility. Maybe they would be interested in a match as a promotional tool or something.

Burk

Latest posts

Top Bottom