OKC IDPA matches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

la_emperatriz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha, thanks! My pink gun typically attracts attention. :hyper: Sadly, my telepathic powers are lacking. :thumb:

J-

I'm not sure about staff interest in IDPA matches. I'm only part-time over there and can't commit to any more stuff. I inherited the match from Lewis, so it was already going; I'm not sure what would be involved in starting a new club over there (aside from talking to Miles Hall). The other two staff members who routinely shoot the match at HH also have other existing commitments so I'm not sure whether they'd be up for another volunteer commitment, but you could ask them.

When would you guys like to have the match? As far as HH goes, Sunday evenings are pretty full (between the second Sunday IPSC match and the classes that are offered). On other evenings though, the range doesn't close till 9, so you'd be looking at renting range time while the range is open; a different story all together.

Antichrome

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents. One of the shooting clubs I belong to holds indoor matches every Monday night. (ICORE, USPSA, IDPA, Action Rimfire)
We have an agreement to rent that range every Monday (which was the ranges traditional slowest night anyway)

So heres how you approach them.
1st get a rough idea of how many shooters you're going to have.
Then tell the range that your club is going to commit to bring X-number of shooters into their business. They should see the value in the steady flow of customers and potential customers on a regular basis.
I think you can negotiate a good group rate.
Charge a fee that covers the rate (with your average sized group) and pays for targets, props, etc. Adda bit for growth money. IDPA, I think, is cheaper than USPSA to administrate. Fewer targets, no classifier fee, etc.
We charge $10 for our club members, $15 for non members, $5 to shoot
a 2nd gun. If we have a small group, we encourage the 2nd gun, when we get a larger group, we discourage it.
Put a plan together and get to it.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't had time to approach either club.

I'm shooting at okcgc this Saturday. I'll ask John Bent about the process of starting IDPA out there.

I'm shooting an IDPA like private league at H&H in January. I'll talk to the powers that be there in a couple weeks.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not only is a place necessary to hold IDPA matches, but are trained Safety Officers. Those facilities being approached as hosts likely will be impressed that some "X" number of those interested are already Certified IDPA Safety Officers.

I am holding a one day IDPA SO Certification class on Saturday January 30 at Oil Capital Rod & Gun Club in Tulsa. Cost is $10 per student; IDPA may be joined at the class.

Additionally another OCR&GC member, who is a NRA Training Councilor ("an instructor's instructor", if you will) is conducting a one day NRA Range Safety Officer class in early February.

PM me for info on either/both.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not only is a place necessary to hold IDPA matches, but are trained Safety Officers. Those facilities being approached as hosts likely will be impressed that some "X" number of those interested are already Certified IDPA Safety Officers.

I am holding a one day IDPA SO Certification class on Saturday January 30 at Oil Capital Rod & Gun Club in Tulsa. Cost is $10 per student; IDPA may be joined at the class.

Additionally another OCR&GC member, who is a NRA Training Councilor ("an instructor's instructor", if you will) is conducting a one day NRA Range Safety Officer class in early February.

PM me for info on either/both.

I'd be interested in taking both courses. PM inboud BUZZ.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hate to bust your bubble guys but H&H used to have an IDPA club until it got disbanded. Im not wholly sure why or how but I do remember they were there for a few months YEARS ago then they werent. USPSA came in soon after and it been like that ever since. There used to be an IDPA at Hinton but I dont know if its still there as I do more USPSA than IDPA.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hate to bust your bubble guys but H&H used to have an IDPA club until it got disbanded. Im not wholly sure why or how but I do remember they were there for a few months YEARS ago then they werent. USPSA came in soon after and it been like that ever since. There used to be an IDPA at Hinton but I dont know if its still there as I do more USPSA than IDPA.

Did it disband or was it disbanded (involuntarily)

Why would that burst our bubble? We just want to hold an IDPA match somewhere in the OKC area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom