Has anyone seen a single shot, 18" 12 GA with ghost rings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For some reason I have always wanted a single shot 12 gauge with the barrel cut to 18" and ghost rings installed. It would be very short. I think it would be a really fun shotgun. Has anyone ever seen one like this?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
It would also hurt... ouch!

Would be a handy little gun. I want one of the little .410s or a 20ga and cut it to 18" for a snake gun I could leave in the car. I've seen 3 different rattlesnakes over 3' long in the road, and didn't have a shotty around to dispatch them with.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It would also hurt... ouch!

Would be a handy little gun. I want one of the little .410s or a 20ga and cut it to 18" for a snake gun I could leave in the car. I've seen 3 different rattlesnakes over 3' long in the road, and didn't have a shotty around to dispatch them with.

Here's what you need. Brings pain on both ends!!

[Broken External Image]

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
good thing that's a photoshop, but OUCH!!

I need a shotgun is what I need. I have had my CCW piece with me, but shooting a rifled bullet at a snake on pavement is not my idea of responsible.

Razur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only seen 18" single-shots which people cut down to that length.
That's actually on my "wish list" right now too.
I'm told that they used to be common in pawn shops.
Not sure I'd put ghost rings on a single-shot, but to each their own.

Have fun.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the 60s, I cut an H&R single back to 18", mounted an ivory bead and a ghost ring. Used it, loaded with #4 buckshot to shoot coyotes at night. Ranchers in west Texas welcomed us and even fed us supper once in a while. Sold that piece when I was transferred to Viet Nam. I hadn't even thought about that old piece for many years.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the 60s, I cut an H&R single back to 18", mounted an ivory bead and a ghost ring. Used it, loaded with #4 buckshot to shoot coyotes at night. Ranchers in west Texas welcomed us and even fed us supper once in a while. Sold that piece when I was transferred to Viet Nam. I hadn't even thought about that old piece for many years.

I should probably just buy an 870 but for some reason I want a setup just like you had. It just seems like a lot of fun. I also like how they are much shorter than an 18" pump action.

Latest posts

Top Bottom